The Foundation/Alumni Association’s mission is to provide need-based tuition assistance to boys regardless of their financial situation and to supplement teachers’ salaries in order to attract and retain the best and the brightest educators.
In 2001, the Catholic High Alumni Association became a part of the Catholic High School Foundation as a means to more directly involve the Catholic High alumni, family, and friends in the betterment of the school. The Foundation/Alumni Association’s mission is to provide need-based tuition assistance to boys regardless of their financial situation and to supplement teachers’ salaries in order to attract and retain the best and the brightest educators. The Foundation/Alumni Association coordinates three major events a year: the Alumni Dinner and the Homecoming Tailgate Picnic in October, and the Rocket 5K Race in April.
Whether from the “old school” or a graduate of the new millennium, one can not help but be overwhelmed by the sense of brotherhood and loyalty to Catholic High, that so many of our graduates feel. Father Tribou was the glue that held all of us together. He knew where we worked, and who we married; he even taught our kids. Father had the uncanny ability to get so much from so few of us. Sadly, his passing marked the end of an era–no longer would we stop by the school to “see how Father’s doing.” In his absence a new era has been born–an era based upon his vision for the school and his plans for us. With the hearty consent of the principal and rector, the alumni have been tapped to play a much more prominent role in the school. Certainly, financial help is a must, however, we will go much farther than that.
The Alumni Association seeks to involve every single alumnus of the school in one area or another. Some of the programs to look for include the following:
- Pre-professional Program – CHS Alumni will speak to groups of students interested in pursuing the same field as the alumnus.
- Career Services – Catholic High produces the most talented and hard working men in the state. Why not join Catholic High graduates who are employers with Catholic High graduates who are seeking employment? Need a real estate agent, a locksmith, dentist, or a financial planner? Search the Rocket alumni directory by keyword and location for alumni in those fields. Let other Catholic High alumni know where you work and what you do by registering your business information on the business directory.
- Substitute teachers – ever wonder what it’s like to be on the other side of the lectern? Catholic High is always searching for quality substitute teachers. This is your chance to return to school in a very real sense. The school can give you up to two weeks notice of days needed, or can call you on days a staff member is out sick. You decide. Call the school for more information (501) 664-3939.
- Young Alumni Group – The purpose of this Young Alumni Group is to promote and further the mission of the CHS Foundation/Alumni Association and to foster and encourage participation in our events. The Young Alumni Group will act independently of the CHS Foundation Board of Trustees.
- Alumni Events outside Little Rock – Live outside the Central Arkansas area and want to help form an alumni club/event in your town? Call (501) 664-4625 for more information.
- Annual Alumni Dinner – Each fall, the alumni association hosts its annual alumni dinner with such great speakers as Lou Holtz, Governor Sid McMath, Jerry Jones, Keith Jackson, Buzz Bissinger, John York ‘67, Mike Moran ’61, Stephen Jones ’83, Herb Vincent ‘79 and many more.
- Rocket 5K Run – Each spring, the Foundation hosts its annual Rocket 5K Run/Walk. We encourage all alumni to volunteer, run/walk, or just come out and support fellow classmates.